Engine Type : Horizontal In-line
Cylinders : 4
Engine Stroke : 4-Stroke
Cooling : Liquid
Valves : 16
Valves Per Cylinder : 4
Valve Configuration : DOHC
Bore (mm/in) : 76 / 2.99
Stroke (mm/in) : 55.1 / 2.17
Displacement (cc/ci) : 999 / 61
Compression Ratio : 12.3:1
Starter : Electric
Emissions Standards : Standard Emissions
Ram Air Induction : Yes
Fuel Type : Gas
Carburetion Brand : Denso
Fuel Injector : Yes
Fuel Injector Size (mm) : 46
Carburetor : No
Carburetion Type : Fuel Injected
Transmission Type : Manual
Number Of Speeds : 6
Primary Drive (Rear Wheel) : Chain
Reverse : No
- Wheels & Tires:
Wheels Composition : Aluminum
Tube / Tubeless : Tubeless
Front Wheel Width (in) : 3.5
Rear Wheel Width (in) : 6
Chromed : No
Front Tire Width : 120
Front Tire Aspect Ratio : 70
Front Tire Speed Rating : Z
Front Wheel Diameter : 17
Rear Tire Width : 190
Rear Tire Aspect Ratio : 50
Rear Tire Speed Rating : Z
Rear Wheel Diameter : 17
Front Tire (Full Spec) : 120/70 ZR17
Rear Tire (Full Spec) : 190/50 ZR17
Front Brake Type : Dual Disc
Front Brake Diameter (in/mm) : 12.6 / 320
Front Caliper Pistons : 4
Rear Brake Type : Disc
Rear Brake Diameter (in/mm) : 8.7 / 220
Rear Caliper Pistons : 1
Front Suspension Type : Inverted Fork
Front Suspension Size (in/mm) : 1.7 / 43
Front Travel (in/mm) : 4.7 / 119.4
Front Adjustable Fork Pre-Load : Yes
Front Adjustable Rebound Damping : Yes
Front Central Suspension Strut : No
Steering Damper : Yes
Rear Suspension Type : Twin Sided Swing Arm
Rear Travel (in/mm) : 5.4 / 137.2
Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load : Yes
Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping : Yes
Number Rear Shock Absorbers : 1
Rear Suspension Brand Name : Unit Pro Link™
Rear Suspension Material : Aluminum
Air Adjustable : No
Steering Control : Handlebar
- Technical Specifications:
Wheelbase (in/mm) : 55.4 / 1407.2
Rake (degrees) : 23.3
Trail (in/mm) : 3.8 / 96.2
Weight : Standard
Fuel Capacity (gal/l) : 4.7 / 17.8
Fuel Capacity Reserve (gal/l) : 1.06 / 4
Performance : Standard
Seat Type : Two-Piece
Adjustable : No
Seat Material : Vinyl
Seat Location : Driver and Passenger
Folding : No
Seat Height (in/mm) : 32.3 / 820.4
Number Of Seats : 2
Grab Rail or Strap : Standard
Frame : Aluminum
Body Material : Plastic
Hand Grip Material : Rubber
Foot Peg Location : Driver and Passenger
Drive Shaft Guard : No
Fork Guards : Yes
Saddle Bag Guard : No
Belt Guard : No
Hand Guards : No
Brush Guard : No
Light Guard : No
Fuel Tank Cover : Yes
Front Fender Material : Plastic
Rear Fender Material : Plastic
Top Crown : Standard
Stand Type : Kick
Lower Fairing : Standard
Spoiler : Standard
Handlebars : Standard
Upper Fairing : Standard
License Plate : Standard
Digital Instrumentation : Standard
Clock : Standard
Tachometer : Standard
Trip Odometer : Standard
Trip Computer : Standard
Speedometer : Standard
Temperature Warning Type : Gauge
Fuel Level Warning Type : Gauge
Warranty (Condition) : Limited
Zero Price Schema : 0
Generic Type (Primary) : Sport
Manufacturer Country : Japan
Introduction Year : 2004
MIC Model Segment : ON-HWY Sport Bike Over 750cc
Windshield Mounts : Standard
- Paint & Finish:
Paint : Standard
Folding : Yes
Windshield Lowers : No
Height Adjustable : No
Tinted : Yes
Height : Low
Underseat Storage : Standard
Headlight Mounts : Standard
Halogen Headlight (s) : Standard
Handlebar Lock : Standard
- New ergonomic triangle lets rider sit 10mm farther forward and 10mm lower than previous-generation CBR1000RR.
- Handlebars are 6.5mm higher and 2mm forward.
- High-capacity 400-watt AC generator.
- High-tech instrument display features tachometer, plus LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters and a clock, mpg and average fuel consumption.
- A low-fuel LED light and shift-indicator light are located above the LCD.
- Line-beam headlight features two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design.
- LED taillights for lighter weight and improved appearance.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Folding aerodynamic mirrors. Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- New maintenance-free battery is 2.2 pounds lighter.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America (HRCA).
- Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Linkr Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
- Mid-muffler exhaust system design. Specially designed slipper clutch. Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder (see Technology Section).
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.
- Line-beam headlights feature two-piece reflector design.
- All-new 999cc inline four-cylinder engine.
- Lightweight titanium intake valves.
- New thinner high-strength pistons featuring molybdenum coating.
- New removable cylinder block with Nikasil-coated cylinders.
- Idle-air control valve (IACV) and Ignition Interrupt Control for idle stability and smoother on/off throttle response.
- Unique slipper clutch features cam mechanism to reduce clutch lever pull.
- New mid-muffler exhaust system design incorporates exhaust valve and catalyst.
- New-generation Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) (see Technology Section).
- New lighter-weight front brake hoses with lighter front brake rotors.
- New monoblock front brake calipers with chromium-plated aluminum pistons.
- Lightweight aluminum sidestand.
- New four-piece Hollow Fine Die-Cast Frame (see Technology Section).
- New aluminum swingarm design.
- New twin-tunnel ram-air induction.
- New line-beam headlights.
- Front turn signals integrated into mirrors.
- New compact instrumentation.
- New lighter-weight wheels.
- New lightweight compact battery.
- New improved ergonomics.
- Iconic new Honda Wing tank badge.
- Exciting new colors include Red/Black, Black/Metallic Silver, Pearl Yellow/Black, Candy Dark Red/Metallic Silver. Black/Metallic Grey (2008 special color*).
s finest scribes and the all-new 999cc CBR.
The new liter-class Honda also has an all-new twin-spar aluminum frame that utilizes hollow fine die-cast manufacturing process. The unique manufacturing method has been employed by Honda since 2003 and the art was refined over the years, culminating in a reduction in overall frame parts on the 2007 CBR600RR. That experience has led to a similar fate for the 2008 CBR1000RR. With wall thicknesses measuring to as thin as a scant 2.5mm, Honda engineers have designed frame members to attain specific rigidities in particular pieces.
Rake & Trail
Hopping aboard the new bike reveals a much more compact, slimmer feeling CBR. Seat height seemed to be lower even though the specs still say 32.3 inches. Whether it’s a narrow seat/tank junction or what facilitates this exactly, but it felt like more like the rider is a part of the machine somehow. The new bike feels slimmer between the legs and when rocked from side-to-side, it felt as if the weight has been lowered too. Reach to the bars seemed to be a little closer than last year’s model and bar height seemed to be a little bit higher-which is a may be a happy medium for track and street use.
ailable for purchase circa spring 2008.