Recently, Google has introduced an exciting feature for Gmail service, which enables the Gmail users the great flexibility to access their Gmail account without Internet. Google Gears allows us to use Gmail without using internet, but enabling the powerful web apps and adding exciting features to our browser.
With this, the Gmail will use the Google Gears app to download the local cache of your mail. So, by using the Google Gears we can access Gmail without Internet.
Have you ever thought of using the websites without Internet?
Im aware that there are certain applications that which allows us to use the websites without internet. But those applications cannot show us regular updates of the websites, since they will hold the cache of the site and display them accordingly. So, we will get the older data easily as I consider that as one of the most useful feature.
Keeping those pros in mind, Google have launched their new powered app and named it as Google Gears which allows us to use the Gmail service without Internet. Google Gears will hold download the local cache which is synchronised with Gmail servers as long as your internet connection stays and if your internet connection disconnected, then this app will automatically switches to offline mode and uses that cache stored on your PC’s HD.
By Following the Steps explained below, you can access Gmail without Internet.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Internet explorer or any other browsers you need to install Google Gears except for Google Chrome Browser. For Chrome, no need to install Google Gears app.
- Login to your Gmail account and Switch to Labs Option as shown in the figure below.
- If you haven’t upgraded your profile, then Click on Settings Option and from there you need to click on Labs Option.
- In the Labs Option, switch to Offline option and then click on Enable option –> Save Changes.
- If you haven’t upgraded your Gmail account, after switching to Settings Option, click on Offline Option and there you can select the Enable Offline Mail for this computer and save the changes.
- After saving the changes, then you should be able to see the offline link at the top right of your Gmail account page. Some times you may have to refresh the page manually.
- If you are using the Browsers other than Chrome, then you need to install Google Gears app.
- Then you will be redirected to Gmail’s Google Gears page and you need to click on Install Google Gears button.
- Finally, you have to allow the Google Gears to access your Gmail account on your system, by selecting the Allow Option.
- After allowing, then you can also create the shortcut of Gmail on your Desktop by selecting all the check-boxes that were displayed in another pop-up window and click on OK button.
- Finally, you Gmail account will be synchronized and this will help you to access your older mail without Internet access.
Watching this Video, will Give you the best experience of using the Google Gears. This is the Official Google Gears launch video from Google’s Blog.
Hope, you have enjoyed the article. Do let us know your views by posting your valuable comment.
[ad#Google Adsense 336]