I use a Dell Inspiron Laptop. The default association Dell function keys is Multimedia Keys first. For example: Some operations like increase or decrease Brightness or Volume. But it is bit messy because I am used to pressing ALT+F4 for closing any program, F5 for refresh but in my Inspiron Laptop I should press ALT+Fn+F4 keys to close any programs, Fn+F5 to refresh.
So, I started searching for solutions, tried two to three software but they are bit tricky to use. But later I came to know that We can also change its functionality in BIOS. Yes! In BIOS. Here is the process.
So, How to Change your Laptop Function Key Functionality?
1. Press F2 button when you see Dell Logo at the start up, You’ll enter into BIOS.
2. Navigate to Advanced Settings > Function Key Behavior.
3. You’ll see its default value as MULTIMEDIA KEY FIRST.
4. Change it to FUNCTION KEY FIRST.
5. Save settings by pressing F10, You are done!
If you have any doubts, post them in comments section BELOW!
[ad#Google Adsense 468x15]