The much awaited launch of Apple iPhone was done on 10th of September. Apple launched 2 iPhone models – iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C and excluded iPhone 5 series from the production. The strategy behind the exclusion of iPhone 5 is so simple, that Apple wants iPhone 5C is get attention ahead of iPhone 5. I’d like to include some of the highlights of both iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C in this post itself.
iPhone 5S Highlights
- It comes with A7 Chip that is loaded with 64-bit architecture. The first ever device to carry a 64-bit chipset. You also comes with a new M7 motion coprocessor which is capable of capturing the motion data in order to enable the next generation of health and fitness applications.
- It is available in 3 different colors Silver, Space Grey, Gold.
- Touch ID Fingerprint identity sensor technology feature was awesome.
- It is loaded with 8MP camera that comes with 1.5µ pixels and f/2.2 aperture and also Sapphire crystal lens cover adds even great experience.
- iOS 7.
iPhone 5C Highlights
- iPhone 5C is available in many color options like Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink and White.
- It is loaded with A6 processors which is equivalent to the processor used to iPhone 5 series.
- Like iPhone 5, iPhone 5C is also loaded with 8MP camera and f/2.4 aperture and in addition it comes with Sapphire crystal lens cover.
Since, there aren’t much changes between iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C, I’d just like to focus only on the reasons iPhone 5S.
#1. Speed Matters a lot
iPhone 5S is loaded with A7 chipset and it is the first device with 64-bit chipset. As per Apple’s keynote claim, it’s twice as fast as Apple A7′s predecessor A6 processor. For exciting and heavy mobile games like GTA, Call of Duty, etc., it is the best device that can run these games without any lag by supporting the graphics to the maximum extent. It’s a beast!
iPhone 5S comes with even enhanced camera, and it’s f-number dropped from f/2.4 to f/2.2 (lower the better), which in turn provides better performance in low-light as well. It is capable of doing auto stabilization, and is loaded with new burst mode. If you need an awesome camera for your smartphone, buy iPhone 5S without second thought.
#3. Fingerprint Sensor or Touch ID Technology
This technology made Apple as the first SmartPhone making company in the Western Market that introduced the hardware security and not to forget it also reinvented the notion of the device as well as online identity. This Fingerprint data will be stored in the device, but not in the iCloud. For a Mobile phone, I always liked to imagine what if we have that fingerprinting technology, and Apple finally made my wish come true.
Here are some of the reasons why you shouldn’t buy an iPhone 5S:
#1. You already have iPhone 5 with you.
There aren’t any much differences as far as I’m concerned, excluding iOS7, Touch ID technology, 64-bit chipset and few enhancements in camera. So, it’s obviously your wish to upgrade your device if you want.
#2. No NFC
Almost every SmartPhones that are entering into the market are coming with NFC chip (Near Field Communication which plays crucial role while connecting device to accessories or wireless pairing, file transfer and etc., purposes.
Comparison between iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C
Image Source : Gigaom
Other enhancements like Touch ID, 64-bit chip aren’t so useful as of now, but still, if you are a crazy Apple fan you will definitely buy or upgrade your device to iPhone 5S for sure and yes, it’s worth a try.